Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Resonating... i deserve...

i deserve a partner who thinks i hung the moon.
i deserve to be with someone who wants to hold my hand as often as possible.
i deserve to be with someone who will take out the trash because it is my least favorite thing.
i deserve a partner who can balance professional motivation with love.
i deserve a partner who will be in awe of my ass in a pencil skirt.
i deserve to be with someone who will refrain from excessive discussion of relationships failed prior to ours.
i deserve to be with someone who is proud to show me off.
i deserve a partner who will celebrate my successes with me, and allow me to celebrate his successes with him.
i deserve a partner who understands my need for independence, and who values his own as well.
i deserve to be with someone who can totally respect my politics, my views on religion even if we don’t share the same views.
i deserve to be with someone who, even in the biggest king bed you’ve ever seen, will want to at least have our feet touching.
i deserve a partner who can communicate.  like, really communicate.
i deserve a partner who wants to read this blog because it is a window into me.
i deserve to be with someone who will take care of me when i am sick or sad or tired.
i deserve a partner who wants to go on adventures with me, wide-eyed.
i deserve a man who is a grown up. a real-deal adult.
i deserve to be someone’s #1 teammate.  it is not ok with me to be #2 to anyone or anything.
i deserve a partner who is present, emotionally and physically, more often than not.
i deserve a partner who understands the emotional exhaustion my career can sometimes cause.  and at the very least i deserve a partner who wants to hear about my day.
i deserve to be with someone who truly wants to come home to me (every single week/weekend/night, etc) that he can.  i deserve to be his favorite.
i deserve a partner who will sneak in quietly if i am napping and put a blanket over me.
i deserve a partner who will occasionally bring me flowers, or buy me a chocolate at the store, or leave me a little note with a heart on it for no reason at all.
i deserve a partner who loves me without pretense or doubt.
my future husband doesn’t have to be a doctor or a lawyer or a fighter pilot. he doesn’t have to be superman or the president of the united states. he doesn’t have to be 6 foot 2 or a stand up comedian. he doesn’t need a fancy car or a big salary or to be a certain age.  i don’t have a checklist. he just needs to love me more than anyone ever has—he needs to love me to the stars and back.  and he needs to be worthy of my love, because i have so very much to give.  i don’t know who the man is, but i know what the love is.
this is what i have learned.  and i thank the doctor and the ex for that.  truly.
This!

http://thebreakupblogger.tumblr.com/post/561820126/scenes-from-my-hood-in-which-i-am-29-and-have-learned

No comments:

Post a Comment