Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Letters to you… the morning hours



The morning hours are the hardest now – the daylight washes the feel of you away leaving only little reminders of the memories here and there but the dawn hours – the moment before fully waking when sleep still keeps me warm is when I miss you the most.  You come rushing back as I hit the snooze button – as the sounds of the violins slowly pull me into consciousness.  My eyes adjust to the darkness and I can remember the feeling – your body curling into mine, holding tight from behind – our hands finding each others , fingers entwined – connected from head to toe for that brief nine minute respite from the start of the day.  I cherished those mornings, every single one even as we were drifting apart, breaking up, over.  Your body still found mine – searching for me in slumber – knowing that we fit, fully.  Linked, past and future – souls combined.  Easy.  Unthinking.  The morning hours are the hardest now – it’s when I miss you most.  When I realize everyday that you are fully gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment