Thursday, July 11, 2013

Real life… july 10, 2013



Real life… july 10, 2013

Another reason to listen to my dreams, my intuition.  To write down the messages that resonate with me long after the sunlight has greeted my eyes – I found a post-it today.  One that I had scribbled on randomly back on june 6th, one that I had completely forgotten about having stuck it into the back cover of one of my notebooks, one that I accidently stumbled upon again.  On the note was written a workout – one that I was doing in my dream, failing at though trying to adapt.  Trying to make sense of while being completely in the middle of it – toes to bar, shoulder to overhead barbell press.  No idea what the rep scheme was beyond three rounds though I didn’t manage to finish it.  I was all over the place on the toes to bar, trying to find a bar, a swing set made due.  I struggled.

About five minutes after reading this, while still flipping through my book for something else entirely I stopped.  Dead.  I realized in that moment that two weeks ago in the crossfit competition just passed that we had done this workout.  Clearly I knew the rep scheme and there was an initial sled push to start us off but we were in lanes, on rubber mats just as I had envisioned in that dream.  There was some confusion on the bars – though no swing set in sight – but rather a ‘first come, first serve’ approach in getting the lower bars on front.  I bounced around a lot on the workout to whatever space was available, always making due.  And I struggled, oh boy did I struggle.  The weight – 30 kg – normally a walk in the park for me was anything but.  Shoulders fatigued from the previous day, previous workout – hurting.  I didn’t finish the workout, one rep past the second round, one rep beyond what I achieved in my dream.  Did not finish – DNF. 

I don’t know where to take this other than to listen – to keep listening to what my subconscious – my spirit guides - dredge up, in my sleep, in my waking dreams, in random bursts of energy.  Just learning to listen, to seeing what is before me and trusting in my future while living right now.   But learning to trust.  To trusting.  The little reminders show me every day.

the post-it
t

No comments:

Post a Comment