Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Real life… september 6th, 2013...



I’m in a weird yet wonderful place right now.  It’s a strange contradiction.  A life full of abundance and amazing, all things gravitating to me, lining up in perfect order – the less I try and control the more the beautiful things keep happening.

In many ways I have you to thank.  Looking back – the heartbreak and hurt, the gut wrenching sobs that left me shattered, the hurtful words witnessed – I wouldn’t change any of it now, from this perspective.

I remember telling you on one of our last truly connected days how I have a way of just figuring things out.  We had just crossed the street from the antique store that is now closed – walking side by side in the sunshine heading to my favorite coffee shop on the morning you (finally) opened up to me fully – unafraid.  You asked to borrow some of ‘it’ then even though I couldn’t explain to you the ‘how’.  It just happens, always has – my ability to walk through the fire and come out better on the other side.

You taught me so many things that I understand with this distance – things I couldn’t see in the thick of it all – the need to let go.  To stop letting others make decisions for me and to know that hurtful words are a reflection of those speaking them rather than about those they are directed at.  At the time, your words of  me ‘not being a people person’ stung but I have realized in so many ways since then that the opposite is true.  The words uttered were merely your reflection of my ability to see people – their true colours and motivations – choosing not to waste my energy on those that aren’t real, authentic.  The ones who outwardly pretend to care and fake happiness but underneath are anything but – the ones that have hidden agendas and selfish motivations. 

Thank you for letting me go.  For giving me this space to find myself again, more solidly this time than before.  Though there was a moment you made me feel like I wasn’t good enough, I’ve realized now more than ever that I am – just as I am.  A solid belief in myself.  I’m surrounded by so much love, it continues to gravitate from new and unexpected places and keeps growing from sources that have existed all along.  My golden heart and caring ways breathing life into those around me.  I’m surrounded by abundance and I feel blessed and humbled by it.  I also feel deserving because as it drifts towards me it also radiates back from me – the energy inside me burning brightly, exploding from me.  A replenishing and renewing cycle. 

If it wasn’t for us breaking, for me breaking – I would never have found this place.  A place where I can stand on my own and feel grateful.  A place where I can honestly shout that I am truly and completely in love with my life.  In love with who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment