Friday, August 16, 2013

Real life… august 16, 2013


Living the law of attraction… imagining your ideal reality and breathing it into life.  Visualize it, live it like it’s already true and feel it fully and the universe shall unfold as such.

This was my yesterday.  This was how my day unfolded and resulted in a spur of the moment beach vacation that starts in a mere 8 days.

I’ve done crazier things in my life but this is fairly high up on the list as well.  Funny though how of that list of life events most of them revolve around adventure and plane rides.   Yesterday morning I had no intention of a vacation anywhere on the horizon – short of mentioning the need for a plane ride somewhere to my best friend earlier in the week, the thought of a trip hadn’t even entered my mind but how quickly that all changed.

My friend outlined his vacation plans – the destination a welcoming world of clear blue oceans, tiny islands and remoteness so complete it beckoned to me.  I felt the warmth of sun on my body, the heat enveloping me in a blissful peace.  I saw myself – or rather I saw through my eyes – me sitting on a towel on the beach, book in hand.  I felt being there completely – in this place I’d never been and I wanted it and it went from there.

While waiting on the details – the specifics and whether my friend would appreciate this crashing of his solo time I felt it all happening.  With the assurance of my coworker and a deeped seeded feeling within my bones I knew it was going to happen.  I actually wrote out what I wanted.
Sitting on a brilliant white beach feet warm in the sand as the clear blue ocean sparkles in front of me – sunlight bouncing off the ripples.  I am feeling relaxed and at peace – under a palm tree reading my book – large beach towel beneath me.  I am savoring the warmth as beads of sweat form around my neck and roll slowly down my chest – I feel strong and sexy in my bikini – sun turning my skin a golden brown, the red shining out of my hair.  He is on his kite out there somewhere in the middle of this ocean and rarely crosses my mind as I enjoy this moment, solo.   We reconnect at the end of his day when he comes to find me.
The cool ocean breeze of the evening feels fresh and vibrant.  My skirt is rippling around my legs, my white tank showing off my strong arms, sun kissed skin.  We stroll along the quiet beach, peaceful under a brilliant moon, hearing music in the distance from the beach bar we are walking towards.  We stop in for beers, food.  We are interacting with the locals – shots of alcohol, a hazy evening full of huge smiles and laughing.  Conversing and just simple island living.
The moon is high and mostly full as we stumble back to the house – still laughing and full of the energy of the evening.  A glorious day spent easily in each other’s company – independent and sharing.  Friendship forming.  A day that I want to last forever – escaping reality so blissfully enchanting.
I got the details, the dates.  Then the go ahead from him though I’m not too sure he thought I was serious.  I was.  I found flights to match and then the search for accommodation started – though the island seemed fully booked up.  Still I didn’t doubt.   I sent an email to the place he was boarding at – a place that said that they were already full – heart full of hope and trust in the universe that this would all work out – I wrote:
I will have a bed at [the place he is staying] – nothing fancy but the owners are finding a spot for me to fit in and I spend the week stand up paddling while he is kiting.  I am having long conversations in the quiet of the afternoons with many of the people staying there, attracting them to me easily and opening.  Learning about each and every one of them, hearing their stories.
And I left it at that.  Closed my book and waited.  Peacefully.  Trusting.  I knew that what was meant to be would be and I placed no expectation on the outcome though still in my mind I saw myself seated at that small table, shorts and tank covering my body and I could feel the depth of the conversations, the revealing and knew I would be there.  I felt this and then let it go out into the world.

The final pieces all came together this morning – just as H felt they would, just as I visualized.  I got an email from the place he’s staying – the can fit me in, no worries.  Island life.  And it was that simple.  A few deep breaths, a quick call to my best friend asking her if I was crazy – she said probably but then asked me what did I have to worry about.  She just kept asking if I was going to go and though I was hesitating I knew before I called her that I was – new that in calling her she’d just back up the feeling I already had deep inside – that extra push. 

By the time H responded to my text of the same – asking me to name 5 reasons why I shouldn’t go - I’d already booked.  I laughed.  It was all happening and I felt – still feel – elated.  It all played out so easily, fell together so fast and simply that I knew it was the right choice to make.  The universe unfolded before me, opened up my options exactly as I breathed them into life – felt them within me.  And I am at peace, this is right for no other reason than I deserve it, that I made it happen.  He will be there doing his thing, I’ll be doing mine and we’ll hang out of that I have no doubt and in my heart I see a beautiful friendship resulting from all of this  - some random connection that can only be formed in the middle of an ocean, on a small island cut off from reality.  It will be honest and awesome and full of stories to tell.  I can’t wait.

Oh, and I’m putting it out there – I’ll be handstanding on a SUP before I come back.  Count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment